The past few days have been wonderful and just plain full! As I reported in the last blog entry, Thursday was a big day with a birthday, an anniversary, the arrival of loved ones, preparations for the rehearsal dinner, and the rehearsal and the dinner. The wedding of our son Mark and his fiancee Katie, Friday evening, June 29, could not have been more beautiful. We were so happy to have in attendance dear loved ones, and many friends from various periods of our lives, past and present. We will treasure the memories from the last few days. Below are some pictures from the rehearsal dinner and the wedding:
The pork barbecue from Henry's Smokehouse and everything prepared by Linda Abrams was delicious! Below is a picture of Mark and Katie going through the serving line at the rehearsal dinner at Lake Robinson. An enjoyable evening at a beautiful place!
Mark and Katie both have nephews named Drew.
Here's a picture of the parents and Mark and Katie...
This picture is of Katie's immediate family...
This is a picture of Mark's immediate family...
Here's the wedding party...
Mark and Katie having a little fun before the wedding began...
Our grandson Drew was not having fun before the wedding.
Here's our couple with both nephews in their finery - kind of like whipped cream on an onion - one Drew in his tux and the other Drew in his searsucker suit...
For several of the pictures, special thanks to moss-foto.com! (They're the pictures above that I'm in - I couldn't photograph myself very handily. 😎 ) If you go to moss-foto.com, you can see all the wedding pictures.
One thing I love about young people in general is their youthful optimism, being an eternal optimist myself. Today's iv highlights how optimism meets reality through the course of life.
What She Wants in a Man, Original List:
3. Financially successful
4. A caring listener
6. In good shape
7. Dresses with style
8. Appreciates finer things
9. Full of thoughtful surprises
10. Imaginative and romantic
What She Wants in a Man, Revised List (age 32)
1. Nice looking
2. Opens car doors, holds chairs
3. Has enough money for a nice dinner
4. Listens more than talks
5. Laughs at my jokes
6. Carries bags of groceries with ease
7. Owns at least one tie
8. Appreciates a good home-cooked meal
9. Remembers birthdays and anniversaries
10. Romantic at least once a week
What She Wants in a Man, Revised List (age 42)
1. Not too ugly
2. Doesn't drive off until I'm in the car
3. Works steady - splurges on dinner out occasionally
4. Nods head when I'm talking
5. Usually remembers punch lines of jokes
6. Is in good enough shape to rearrange the furniture
7. Wears a shirt that covers his stomach
8. Knows not to buy foods I don't like
9. Remembers to put the toilet seat down
10. Shaves most weekends
What She Wants in a Man, Revised List (age 52)
1. Keeps hair in nose and ears trimmed
2. Doesn't belch or scratch in public
3. Doesn't borrow money too often
4. Doesn't nod off to sleep when I'm venting
5. Doesn't retell the same joke too many times
6. Is in good enough shape to get off couch on weekends
7. Usually wears matching socks and fresh underwear
8. Appreciates a good TV dinner
9. Remembers your name on occasion
10. Shaves some weekends
What She Wants in a Man, Revised List (age 62)
1. Doesn't scare small children
2. Remembers where bathroom is
3. Doesn't require much money for upkeep
4. Snores only lightly when asleep
5. Remembers why he's laughing
6. Is in good enough shape to stand up by himself
7. Usually wears some clothes
8. Likes soft foods
9. Remembers where he left his teeth
10. Remembers that it's the weekend
What She Wants in a Man, Revised List (age 72)
2. Doesn't miss the toilet
WHAT SHOULD SHE HOPE FOR AT AGE 82?!
"God will spare no means in order to be the center of your attention and affection." - Andrew Franseen
HE: Gross! This coffee tastes like mud!
SHE: That's funny, it was fresh ground this morning.
Print This Post
E-mail this post to a friend
Share this post on Facebook