Many adults enjoy taking evening and weekend classes to continue learning, to pursue special interests, or to fulfill requirements for their work. Enjoyment, of course, may depend on the reason/s for taking the classes and the mix of individuals present. With Valentine's Day this next weekend I thought I would share some classes I have heard about — one list for men only and one list for women only.
New training courses for men:
1. Introduction to Common Household Objects I: The Mop
2. Introduction to Common Household Objects II: The Sponge
3. Dressing Up: Beyond the Funeral and the Wedding
4. Refrigerator Forensics: Identifying and Removing the Dead
5. Design Pattern or Splatter Stain on the Linoleum?: You Can Tell the Difference!
6. Accepting Loss I: If It's Empty, You Can Throw It Away
7. Accepting Loss II: If the Milk Expired Three Weeks Ago, Keeping It In the Refrigerator Won't Bring It Back
8. Going to the Supermarket: It's Not Just for Women Anymore!
9. Recycling Skills I: Boxes that the Electronics Came In
10. Recycling Skills II: Styrofoam that Came in the Boxes that the Electronics Came In
11. Bathroom Etiquette I: How to Remove Beard Clippings from the Sink
12. Bathroom Etiquette II: Let's Wash Those Towels!
13. Bathroom Etiquette III: Five Easy Ways to Tell When You're About to Run Out of Toilet Paper!
14. Giving Back to the Community: How to Donate 15-Year-Old Levis to Goodwill
15. Retro? Or Just Hideous?: Re-examining Your 1970's Polyester
16. Knowing the Limitations of Your Kitchenware: No, The Dishes Won't Wash Themselves
17. Strange But True!: She Really May Not Care What "Fourth Down and Ten" Means
18. Going Out to Dinner: Beyond the Pizza Hut
19. Yours, Mine, and Ours: Sharing the Remote
20. "I Could Have Played a Better Game Than That!": Why Women Laugh
21. Adventures in Housekeeping I: Let's Clean the Closet
22. Adventures in Housekeeping II: Let's Clean Under the Bed
23. "I Don't Know": How to Be the First Man to Say It
24. The Gas Gauge in Your Car: Sometimes Empty Means Empty
25. Directions: It's Okay to Ask for Them
26. Listening: It's Not Just Something You Do During Halftime
27. Accepting Your Limitations: Just Because You Have Power Tools Doesn't Mean You Can Fix It
New training courses for women:
1. Silence, the Final Frontier: Where No Woman Has Gone Before
2. The Undiscovered Side of Banking: Making Deposits
3. Social Events: New Outfits Are Not Mandatory
4. Man Management: Minor Household Chores Can Wait Till After The Game
5. Bathroom Etiquette I: Men Need Space in the Bathroom Cabinet Too
6. Bathroom Etiquette II: His Razor Is His
7. Communication Skills I: Tears — The Last Resort, Not the First
8. Communication Skills II: Thinking Before Speaking
9. Communication Skills III: Getting What you Want Without Nagging
10. Telephone Skills: How to Hang Up
11. Driving a Car Safely: A Skill You Can Acquire
12. Introduction to Parking a Car
13. Advanced Parking: Backing Into a Space
14. Water Retention: Fact or Fat?
15. Cooking I: Bringing Back Bacon, Eggs, and Butter
16. Cooking II: Bran and Tofu are Not for Human Consumption
17. Cooking III: How Not to Inflict Your Diets on Other People
18. Compliments: Accepting Them Without Reading Into Them
19. PMS: Your Problem ... Not His
20. Classic Clothing: Wearing Outfits You Already Have
21. Household Dust: A Harmless Natural Occurrence Only Women Notice
22. Integrating Your Laundry: Washing It All Together
23. Oil and Gas: Your Car Needs Both
24. TV Remotes: For Men Only
25. Combating the Imelda Marcos Syndrome: Do You Really Need Those New Shoes?
26. Introduction to Petrol: You Too Can Fill the Tank
27. Advanced Petrol: How to Remove the Gas Cap!!!
Obviously those courses are not for real ... maybe.... Do you have a favorite Adult Ed class you've actually taken? Maybe you have other ideas for course suggestions for men, for women, or for both? Just remember, we may ask you to teach any course/s you suggest. 🙂
"Why can't women ever put the seat back up when they're done?!" - anonymous man, still living
Her husband does the work of three men — Larry, Moe and Curly.
Print This Post
If you enjoyed this post, to get updates when I post to my blog, sign up for your preferred method below — RSS, Twitter, or e-mail.