Cats seem to be one of those creatures that people either love or hate. Becka and I enjoy our cats very much. Their being in the house causes extra work for us, but name a house pet that doesn't cause extra work. Our cats have had to endure some turmoil this past week as our white vinyl kitchen floor was replaced with porcelain tile. You can read about it and see pictures on Becka's blog. The cats seem to have come through it all unscathed and happy to be back out from under the bed.
I looked through my files to see what I have on the subject of cats. Today's instant vacation is a few things I've never posted.
Ten definitions of a cat:
1. a lap warmer with a built-in buzzer
2. a four-footed allergen
3. a small, four-legged, fur-bearing extortionist
4. a gracefully designed, organic alarm clock
5. a wildlife control expert impersonator
6. a treat-seeking missile
7. a small, furry, lap fungus
8. one who sleeps in old, empty boxes
9. an un-programmable animal
10. a hair relocation expert
Ten other words defined, as related to cats:
1. Cataclysm: any great upheaval in a cat's life
2. Catatonic: a feline medicinal drink
3. Caterpillar: a soft scratching post for a cat
4. Cat Scan: to look for a cat. Is he in or out?
5. Dog: a cat's device for running practice
6. Can opener: a device that causes missing cats to magically appear
7. Door: something a cat always wants to be on the other side of
8. Human: an automatic door opener for cats
9. Yawn: a cat's honest opinion, openly expressed
10. Kitten: a homicidal muffin on legs. Not usually recommended for beginners.
Even if you don't like cats, you have to admit they can do some of the cutest things.
They can also do some of the most disgusting things, as described in the cross stitch below.
They show great intelligence, as do these "chessy cats" below.
They're great at catching and killing (torturing or frightening to death?) rodents ... unless they learn to love them instead.
One of the things cats do best, though, is sleeping. Here's a picture of the ultimate in accessories for your cat — a cat hammock.
I'll end with one of my all time favorite video clips — the Cat Herders. It was a Super Bowl commercial in 2000 and is considered by many to be one of the top ten best Super Bowl ads. If you're reading this in e-mail or a blog reader, you will have to go to my blog itself to see the video. I had to watch it several times to catch all the more subtle humor, like the guy cleaning cat hair off himself. Enjoy, especially if you've never seen it before.
Do you have any additional definitions of cats or words related to cats? What do you like most and least about cats?
"We need to spread the gospel with the same fervency as a Tea Party rally." - Drew Conley
=^..^= =^..^= (our cats Adelade and Clementine)
Why isn't there a mouse-flavored cat food? Or cat-flavored dog food?
Print This Post
E-mail this post to a friend
Share this post on Facebook