A favorite tradition of the Christmas season is Christmas cookies. There are some that each family just has to make each year, or it wouldn't be Christmas. There are cookies that we make only at this time of year because of their strong tie in our minds and hearts to Christmas time. And every family's list is different. Today I'm posting a list of rules to make you feel better about your Christmas cookie consumption.
Christmas Cookie Rules
1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first one is the test cookie and thus calorie free.
2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.
3. If a friend comes over while you're making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend's first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.
4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.
6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five — one calorie for each letter. So make more red ones!
7. Cookies eaten while watching Miracle on 34th Street have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one's personal fuel.
8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes caloric leakage.
9. Any cookies consumed from someone else's plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to cling!
So go enjoy those Christmas Cookies — we get them only at this time of year!
Now, do you believe any of that? 🙂 What kinds of cookies are on your list for this time of year?
Becka and I wish you and yours blessings at Christmas!
"If we are going to be rescued by Him who came as a child, we must come to Him with the humility of a child ourselves." — Drew Conley
Since fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing, does it matter whether you are fat or slim?