E-mail can certainly be a blessing or a bane, can't it? A lot of my readers enjoy reading my blog posts by e-mail - which I hope is a blessing most of the time. One of the banes of that for me, though, is that most of those readers rarely, if ever, visit the blog itself.
When I first started posting my iv's to the blog instead of sending them out by e-mail, I still sent an e-mail reminding people that I had posted something new. That little blessing became a bane to me when I started receivning literally hundreds of bounces each time I sent the reminders. Those who actually received the e-mails, would visit the blog, and would make frequent comments to the blog posts. That was great fun for me and for the other readers.
When I learned that FeedBurner had the capability of sending the entire blog post by e-mail, it was a great option, with no bounces to deal with - but the comments have nearly dried up! I'd like to remind those of you who receive the e-mail version that there are several links in the e-mail itself that will take you right to the blog or the blog post. The words "latest post to ivman's blague" in the body of the e-mail are a link to the blog. Clicking on the title of the post (in this case - "e-mail promises") will take you the post itself ... and the comment section is right at the bottom of the post, just waiting for you to add yours! 😀 Also in the footer of the e-mail is a link to the blog - just be careful not to click on the link to unsubscribe yourself.
Sorry to whine, but I'd like to get some fun feedback from this whole iv thing. Anyway, on to today's iv - a 12-step program for compulsive e-mail forwarders....
THE FORWARDER'S 12-STEP PROGRAM (feel free to pass this on to needy friends...)
OK, everyone say the following with me...
1. I will NOT get bad luck, lose my friends, or lose my mailing lists if I don't forward an e-mail.
2. I will NOT hear any music or see a dancing dog, if I do forward an e-mail.
3. Bill Gates is NOT going to send me money and Victoria's Secret doesn't know anything about a gift certificate they're supposed to send me, if I do forward an e-mail.
4. Ford will NOT give me a 50% discount, even if I forward my e-mail to more than 50 people.
5. I will NEVER receive gift certificates, coupons, or freebies from Coca Cola, Cracker Barrel, or anyone else if I send an e-mail to 10 people.
6. I will NEVER see a pop-up window if I forward an e-mail ... NEVER ... EVER!
7. There is NO SUCH THING as an e-mail tracking program, and I am not dumb enough to think that someone will send me $100 for forwarding an e-mail to 10 or more people!
8. There is NO kid with cancer through the Make-a-Wish program in England collecting anything! He did when he was 7 years old. He is now cancer free and 35 years old and DOESN'T WANT ANY MORE POST CARDS or GET-WELL CARDS.
9. The government does not have a bill in Congress called 901B (or whatever the e-mail creator named it this week) that, if passed, will enable them to charge us 5 cents for every e-mail we send.
10. There will be NO cool dancing, singing, waving, colourful flowers, characters, or program that I will receive immediately after I forward an e-mail. NONE, ZIP, ZERO, NADA!
11. The American Red Cross will NOT donate 50 cents to a certain individual dying of some never-heard-of disease for every e-mail address I send this to. The American Red Cross RECEIVES donations.
12. And finally, I will NOT let others guilt me into forwarding e-mails by telling me that if I don't forward their e-mail, I am not their friend, that I don't care about people, or that I don't really love the Lord!
Is that a picture of Rob the ivman waiting for comments to the blog?) 🙂
Having our daughter Megan and grandson Drew here this week has been a lot of fun, but as always happens - the week seems to have evaporated! And what a week for our digital camera to go haywire!!! Never fear ... Megan brought hers and is a scrapbooker, and some will recall that we lovingly call our daughter Nora the "baby paparazzi." So we've been anything but deprived of digital images! 😀
I'll describe briefly some of the highlights of the week. One evening we went strawberry picking. Here are a few shots from that.
Our personal favorite for berry picking is Sandy Flat Berry Patch...
Nora got this picture of the rest of us, posing nicely...
Drew looks like he's wild about strawberries, which is not at all the case...
We think he's the berries, though!
We enjoyed a nice afternoon at the Greenville Zoo  on Tuesday. Nora brought the three pre-schoolers she nannies, and we all had a nice time with pleasant weather.
Here are a few pictures from that adventure...
Here's a shot of Nora and her charges...
Drew wasn't sure he wanted to sit on the bear's back, and tears started to well up in his eyes...
"You can't live both devoted to sin and wanting deliverance from it." - Dr. Drew Conley
Some people don't get even. They just get odder.