Do you ever think you're getting too old for some things or that you've overdone it? I'm starting to wonder if I have maybe overdone it by having two extremely full weekends in a row. Both weekends were totally enjoyable and I wouldn't have wanted to miss out on either the camping trip or the mini-reunion, but I'm definitely feeling the fatigue this week!
Just when I think I may be getting too old for such exploits, we have a chapel speaker this week - Dr. John Dreisbach - who went to do missionary work for several months last year on a little island in Lake Chad, Africa. This island has no running water, no electricity, etc. and Dr. Dreisbach was 86 at the time!
With these thoughts swirling through my mind, I'm passing something along that I think you'll find humorous, no matter what you think of Trick or Treating.
You know you are too old to Trick or Treat when...
10. you get winded from knocking on the door.
9. you have to have someone else chew the candy for you.
8. you prefer high fiber treats.
7. someone drops a candy bar in your bag, you lose your balance and fall over.
6. people say, "Great Boris Karloff mask," and you're not wearing a mask.
5. the door opens you yell, "Trick or..." and can't remember the rest.
4. by the end of the night, you have a bag full of restraining orders.
3. you have to carefully choose a costume that won't dislodge your hairpiece.
2. you're the only Power Ranger in the neighborhood with a walker.
And the number one reason you may be getting too old to go Trick or Treating...
1. you have to keep going by your house to use the restroom.
"No matter who is in the White House or whether our economy tanks, my personal responsibilities before God remain the same." - Dr. Drew Conley
I let my mind wander, and it didn't come back.
Print This Post
E-mail this post to a friend
Share this post on Facebook